Bogomips halved!

Hi,

I am using a 200MHz K6, which I now overclocked at 233 MHz.  After
having done that, I checked the bogomips number, and I discovered in
/var/log/messages that, after having been at 400 since ever (as
expected, for a K6), it had dropped at 200 in the latest reboot and,
after having overclocked it, went at 233.  If I run the bogomips
program, it gives 466, but /proc/cpuinfo still contains 233.

How can it be?  Could that be a source of problems for timings inside
the kernel?

Thanks for any info
Francesco