Re: 10/100Base-T Questiones

I have an SMC ethernet card with this chipset.  Mine autosenses, with a
catch:
   The linux driver settings defaults to 10baseT.  So when I load the
driver on a 100mb line, it will only change (autosense) once I send out
some type of network traffic.  So in my /etc/init.d/network I have it ping
the gateway once, just so it will switch... because one time I
rebooted my machine remotely from home, and then could not connect
to my machine at work!  (hate when that happens)

Adding the ping fixes this problem, and have had no problems with it.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875