Re: PCL printer cannot be accessed

On Wed, Nov 26, 1997 at 07:41:48AM -0600, Charles Read wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. If I used dvihp to generate a PCL file, can I then
>    go to a DOS shell in Win95 and say:
>    c:> copy PCL.file LPT1
>
>    I tried this, but first page was very messed up.

DOS is stuffed - you must use "copy /b PCL.file LPT1" - ignoring the fact
that it has a four letter extention :-) In fact I think this
works too: "copy /b pcl.file prndositreallymessedup" as it only looks at the
prn bit (IIRC).

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS