Re: uninstall GMT

"Marco Secli' CELINT" <md3625@mclink.it> writes:

> Hello, My name is Marco Secli' (CELINT S.R.L.)
> I'm in trouble with GMT time and I'd like to remove it without
> repeating all the installation of "DEBIAN linux".

Try running tzconfig to change the time settings of your Debian box.
If you want the RTC (real time clock) to use GMT or not please edit
the file /etc/init.d/boot and set the variable GMT near the beginning
to either "-u" or "".  For example I used tzconfig to set my timezone
to Europe/Berlin (MET) and use the -u parameter to set my RTC to GMT.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie