Re: simple questions

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Dana M. Epp wrote:

> Hi Clay.
>
> 1) Yes, Debian can co-exist with Win95. Using something called LILO(
> Linux Loader ), it can become your boot manager, which will allow you
> boot multiple OS's.

In my experience this works, but not nicely.  You have to install Win95
first, and when it gets itselft all screwed up you can't reinstall it
without scrapping your master boot record again, which I'm sure is a real
pain if not a castrophe.  I've also found (though it probably should have
been obvious) that letting Win95 automagically reboot whill mess up your
MBR to where you have to go in with a rescue disk.  When it asks you if
you want to reboot after you add a driver or something, say no.  As for my
DOS partition, I have to go and run DOS fdisk to get to that, and I know
this could be done better, but perhaps not with Win95 on the same system.
Anyone got their setup working better?