Re: Introduction for new users

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Olivier THARAN wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 07:39:09PM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> >  I would just recommend only less.
>
> more is in the base distribution, and we are not sure that anyone will
> choose the 'less' package during installation, moreover, many brain-dead
> Unices don't have less. So in the first time one could learn more and then
> less.

As less is 100% backward compatible with more, and while it has more
features than more, they are not confusing and will not lead the user down
any scarey paths of distruction, so I would have to agree with Nicolas (my
appologies for being to ignorant to be able to place an accent on the a)
that less is more desirable than more. It is at priority standard so
unless you say otherwise dselect will install it for you during a "normal"
installation.

Please don't let me start a flame war here about the best pager, but
compared to more, my personal oppinion is, that "less is more", is more
than a cute word play, it is true for every context of "more".

Luck,

Dwarf