Xfree86 Problem

I got the Debian release on the cd-rom that came with the BOOT magazine
this November. Everything runs great except my X server. I have tried
SVGA, VGA-16 and the accelerated servers for the W32 chipset in the
xfree86 packages. None of the servers will start. I even downloaded new
ones...
The setup works fine but when I run startx, it says "no screens
available" or some such. It finishes with an error "111" I can't get any
more info because the screen scrolls by when it is trying to start. I
have tried 2 different cards with no luck.
I have a REAL IBM with 16 mb RAM, 20 mb swap space on a 486 dx2/66
Any X-perts out there with any ideas I can try? Thanks

Dave Jones
<warrior71@usa.net>