Re: Please help with installation diskettes!!!

> Hello!!
> I decided to install Linux and chose Debian. I read everything I
> could about Linux and tried to install Debian.
> When I used the rawrite2 command when it finishes it writes:
> Bad sector detected
> When I run scandisk it doesn't find anything wrong with my diskettes.
> Can it be that all of my diskettes are bad?

Hi.

That's very well could be. ScanDisk only performs read-only test.

> I use 5.25'' 1.2MB diskettes. An interesting fact is that the size of
> the files is 1,228,800 and the disks have only 1,213,952
> bytes.

Well, I don't remember what is the exact size of the 1.2 floppies,
but the bigger size may represent the total number of blocks on the
floppy while lesser one is the available size for user files after
formating.

> The only file that it can write to the floppy disk is root.bin which
> is less then 700 KB.
>  I don't know what to do.
> Please help!!!!
>
> TIA,
> Liran Zvibel.
>
> P.S I would like to partition my HDD before the installation begins,
> is there a M$-DOS version of cfdisk? How can I get it?

It is standard DOS command called fdisk :)
But I don't recommend to use it for anything but creating dos partition.
It won't be able to create proper partitions for linux, you would have to
use Linux cfdisk or fdisk anyway.

Alex Y.

--
   _