Re: fdisk is it available anywhere else?

> I am getting ready to partition my disk and i must say that the tool that
> debian uses does not look as friendly as the fdisk that comes with other
> distributions. i was wondering if i can find fdisk for linux elsewhere or
> should you have any hints for using the debian tools.

HI.

I can't imagine that fdsik is not friendly :(
Are you talking about plain fdisk or cfdisk - full screen utility?
Do you want to partition new disk, erasing everything on it or
split existiing partition retaining all the files on it?
If latter you are probably talking about fips, not fdisk. In this case you
might want to searh for "druid" utility used by Redhat in his upcoming
release. If not, Debian ftp site used to have a file called README.cfdisk
with explainations on how to use it. If you want, just let me know
and I'll email you fdsik and cfdisk documentation.

Alex Y.
--
   _
 _( )_