Re: Where is /etc/hosts in Debian?

> I can't find a /etc/hosts file in the Debian distribution.  When I go
>
> 	dpkg --search etc/hosts
>
> it doesn't find it.  Does Debian have this file?

Yep Debian does have it and it is called /etc/hosts .  If it doesn't exist
just create it.

Surprisingly it didn't show up when I did a 'dpkg -S hosts' either... I
suspect that one of the config files makes it when you install.

Adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -------------------