Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:46:09 -0500 (EST)
From: "Colin R. Telmer" <telmerco@qed.econ.queensu.ca>
To: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@rosebud.sps.queensu.ca>
Subject: Re: one more on plan

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

>   Colin>  I don't exactly understand. Do you mean to add a line to kill pland
>   Colin> after the usual final line that starts a window manager so that on
>   Colin> logout you pland is killed? One could use pland -K
>
> Yes, that's what I mean. If you don't kill it, it hangs around for no good
> reason.

This doesn't work for me:

cgowave-4-237:~$ more .xsession
if [ -x /usr/lib/plan/pland ] ; then
    /usr/lib/plan/pland -k
else
    echo "Can't find pland"
fi

xhost +$HOSTNAME.cgocable.net
exec /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2
/usr/lib/plan/pland -K
cgowave-4-237:~$

pland -K works when you run it by hand, but not here - I always find
telmerco's pland -k running when I log in as root afterwards. Can you
see any thing wrong with the above? Cheers.

--
Colin Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
School of Policy Studies Building, Room 309, Queen's University