Re: Memory and Compaq

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Arnold Mazur wrote:
>   >
>   >I have Compaq Deskpro an Debian with 2.0.27 kernel instaled on it.
>   >I have added memory up to 48Mb Ram. My kernel returns a message during
>   >boot time: Memory 14140k/16384k
>   >
>   >A free command reports about 16Mb.
>
> At boot time, specify the amount of memory you actually have.  I have
> this in my /etc/lilo.conf:
> # Linux - new kernel
> image=/vmlinuz
>   label=Linux2031-pre32
>   append="mem=32m aic7xxx=ultra"
>          ^^^^^^^^^
>   read-only
> #
> --
> Oliver Elphick                                Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk
> Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

I have added
append="mem=48m"
to my lilo.conf but it doesn't work. A free command reports about 16 M.

My hardware works correctly i can see all my memory when I boot this
computer from DOS floppy. But I have to start himem.sys

	|               Arnold Mazur		     |
	|      e-mail:  mazur@dit.gbpz.tpnet.pl	     |
	|      phone :  +48 71 723323 ext.211 	     |
	|  Gospodarczy Bank Poludniowo Zachodni S.A. |
	|   Krasinskiego 27, 50-449 Wroclaw Poland   |