Re: video cards

On Wed, Nov 19, 1997 at 08:36:56PM -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> "Paul Miller wrote:"
> > I'm looking for a PCI video card for Linux, which will allow me to do
> > at least 1024x768 in 24bit mode.. and of course as fast as possible. I
> > would like to spend around $300..
> >
> > Here are a few cards I've looked at: Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro (8 meg)
> > - $250 Matrox Millennium II (8 meg) - $310 ATI Xpert@Work (8 meg) -
> > $250 ATI Xpert@Play (8 meg) - $300

Does anyone have hard information about the ATI Xpert@Work ?
It's a bit cheaper, but the reviews I have seen say it does _better_ than
the Matrox.

Unfortunately, the reviews don't mention Linux ... Can I do XFree in a
decent resolution (1024*768, 1280*1024) with an ATI Xpert@ ?

Sorry, this has _zilch_ to do on the debian list ;-)

--
include <std_disclaim.h>                  Lorens KOCKUM ( kockum@efrei.fr )