netscape4_4.0-6.deb w/o libc6!

Does anybody know were to find a netscape4_4.0-6.deb that does not
depend on libc6, so that I can use it on a 1.3.1 system?  Why does it
need to depend on libc6 anyway?

I could modify the control file but I don't know how to put the
pieces back together once I have extracted them using ar and tar.
Any simple step on doing this would be helpful as well, without
pointing me to the package maintainers documents.

Thanks,
Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu