Re: compile

(A suspicious return email address, but I'll assume it's correct)

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, RedHat Linux User wrote:

> every time I compile the kernel, it is too big?
>
> boot sector 512 bytes
> setup is 4380 bytes
> system is 511Kb
> system is too big
> make[1] *** [zImage] error 1
>
> any ideas

Yes.  Your kernel is too big for the zImage format.  This, however, is not
a serious problem - the solution is that instead of using the zImage
format, which has some small limit on the size of kernels it works for,
use the bzImage format. (which has a much larger limit)

i.e. type
	make bzImage
instead of
	make zImage