user questions .. Thanks

the discussion on help for novice users of Debian is of great importance
to me, as I am a
"that person" .....
i have monitored this user list and have to say there IS a lot of
assistance out there ....i have well over 900 pieces of mail in my mail
folder. This is not a list which is used time to time for high level
problems which only a developer or a maintainer could sort out .. i have
seen some of the most basic problems answered with speed that is
blinding(compared to other user list where you may have to wait days to
see a response).. Yet there is a need for novice assistance and
direction, at this point i am running Red Hat (believe me.. i am not
happy) because of the ease of installation and the simple ppp connection
setup ... i have had a lot of problems configuring Debian on my new
machine only
because i have chosen programs where i have not resolved conflicts and
dependencies(my fault..
not Debian's) i just downloaded the online Debian user guide ....seems a
little sparse but I have to
dig in to it to qualify that statement .... also i had a problem where i
needed to connect my machine
to my local DynamIP site..(links my static IP address to my dynamic isp
connection) I needed a script to help me do that ..no one responded to
the question.. i was not offended .. i just kept looking .. i found it
not on the list,but elsewhere ... yes there may be frustrated new users
who are
looking for specific answer to certain questions and a guide to assist
would be welcomed and
appreciated by all ... I am not saying this to patronize anyone in hopes
that veteran Debian users
will expend anymore of their valuable time in teaching the novice the
rudiments.. as linux grows so
will the demand for information .. linux becomes more usable with each
users problem resolution...
i have seen the co-laboring efforts of all the people involved on this
list .... I know something good
will come out of this ....  my thanks to the team that suports this list
                                                    john