Re: misc questions.

> 1. change the resolution / pixel depth of my x setup?

I'm not sure what you want here. Control-alt-keypad+ will cycle through the
available resolutions.  xf86config will let you interactively configure
your server.

> 2. make it work as a POP server (so i can continue to read mail on my
> mac)?

You could install qpopper or cucipop (the only pop servers on my 1.2 CD:
there may be others in 1.3), but that may be overkill.  Exactly what do you
wnat to do?  Do you need to have your mail stored on the mac, or do you
just want to read it there?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)