Re: less than useful dselect/dpkg error msg

OK, that was probably the case as fvwm2 is now working.  However, I do think that it would be more useful is dselect/
dpkg reported "configured".

Linux# dpkg --configure fvwm2
dpkg: error processing fvwm2 (--configure):
 package fvwm2 is not ready for configuration
 cannot configure (current status `installed')
 fvwm2

To me, that seems to be saying that fvwm2 still needs configuration but there is something wrong.  Now I admit
that this is no doubt due in part to my own ignorance.  I suspect now that if the package was not configured that the parenthetical statement would read something like:
(current status 'unpacked') -- yes?

best,
-bill