Make-kpkg (3.28): Problems creating kernel_image

Let's say I just created a new kernel-image package using

        make-kpkg --revision 1.1 kernel_image ,

accidently removed the ../kernel-image... file and want to recreate
it.  If I type the above command I only get a "make: Nothing to be
done for `kernel_image'." message.  If I use "make-kpkg clean" before
everything works fine but takes some time to rebuild the kernel.

Is this an indented behaviour (i.e. to be forced to clean the kernel
before) or what am I doing wrong?

I have a Debian 1.3.1 (stable) with kernel-package 3.28.

        Torsten

--
!07/11 PDP a ni deppart m'I  !pleH
                                            Fortune Cookie