Re: autofs and 2.0.31

On Thu, Nov 13, 1997 at 11:48:38PM +0000, G. Kapetanios wrote:
> I have compiled a 2.0.31 kernel. One of the reasons for doing so was to
> use autofs. However when I did make menuconfig I didn't see an option for
> autofs support. I thought it was in the kernel anyway and instaled he
> package. However the package does not find autofs support and won't start.
> Does anyone use this package? If yes, how I go about activating autofs
> support ?

Maybe you should answer 'y' to the 'Prompt for development and/or
incomplete code/drivers' question (that is the first one) when you do the
make menuconfig; it will ask lots of new questions about experimental
drivers, among which you will find the autofs question -- in the FS
section. We have autofs working with a 2.0.31 kernel here, so you're not
an isolated case!

olive
--
		Olivier Tharan, <tharan@int-evry.fr>

If only women came with pull-down menus and online help.