Re: wish and tclsh packages missing

> [snip]
> >
> > The "Debian libc5 to libc6 Mini-HOWTO says to install
> >         libreadline2_2.1-4
> > but I only find libreadline2_2.1-2.
> > I never did find this debian package.
>
> Go to http://www.debian.org/packages.html and do a search for
> libreadline2.  Then you'll find libreadline2_2.1-7.deb (I just
> downloaded it, I'm thinking about switching to libc6).
>
> Eric Meijer

This and then a look in the corresponding directory at ftp.debian.org revealed
this package.  I have relied too much on my mirror of secondary debian sites.
My mirror properly mirors debian.crosslink.net, but this debian.crosslink.net
site excludes both     libreadline2-altdev_2.1-7.deb    and
libreadline2_2.1-7.deb      in the directory
	...debian/hamm/hamm/binary-i386/oldlibs

I have had quite a time with secondary Debian mirror sites.  A year ago, the
tsx-11.mit.edu mirrored ftp.debian.org inconsistently until after about 5
months they ceased mirroring debian.  This last summer, what I found the
fastest and would have thought the most stable site, uiarchive.cso.uiuc.edu,
started holding old packages for a couple months, after which they ceased
mirroring debian.

While I would like to mirror Debian off secondary sites, after three major
site's chaotic mirroring and eventual cessation of mirroring, I seriously
consider mirroring off the primary site, ftp.debian.org.

--
Jim Burt, NJ9L,		Fairfax, Virginia, USA
jameson@mnsinc.com	http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson

"If merely 'feeling good' could decide, drunkenness would be the supremely
valid human experience."      --William James, Varieties of Religious
Experience