Question: I2O, and how Linux is dealing

I was just reading over the NDA agreement (for fun) that the I2O
organization (http://www.i2osig.org/) makes people sign before they
THINK about the "technology" in I2O, and I recall reading somewhere that
the Linux community was NOT in favor of the whole concept (for obvious
reasons, given the limitations of that NDA).

I am just wondering if there is going to be a general boycott I2O
hardware (or at least ignoring the IOP and the driver model), or whether
a reverse-engineering effort is planned or in the works.  Since I don't
know much about I2O (I didn't feel like spending the $250 for a
temporary membership in their club... go figure), I wonder, if anyone
does know, is it all that great a "technology" ?

It really looks like I2O is a concerted effort to keep free software and
OS's like Linux off the first tier by making driver development even
harder.

Just wondering out loud

-dh