Re: where to place locate TeX style files

On 10 Nov 1997 17:53:49 +0100 Christian Leutloff (leutloff@sundancer.o
che.de) wrote:

> I want to add a new style file to my system. I'm using an unmodified
> /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf. Therefor I should be able to place new style
> files under /usr/lib/texmf/local. I've tried this but LaTeX never
> founds the new style file. I run texhash after each try and the new
> style appears in ls-R. I moved new file to newly made directories TeX
> and latex (under /usr/lib/texmf/local). But nothing helps. 8-(

You have to place them under the correct directory in /usr/local/lib/texmf.
For a style file, it would be:
	/usr/local/lib/texmf/tex/latex/
Then run texhash.

BTW, /usr/lib/texmf/local is a symlink to /usr/local/lib/texmf.

Phil.