Re: HELLO

1) don't shout.

2) this is a Linux mailing list, not MS-DOS.

3) winmodems will never work under MS-DOS. ever. buy a real modem.
same is true for Linux, at least at this time.

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 Flavorfa@aol.com wrote:

> COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIND DOS DRIVERS FOR MY WINMODEM, BECAUSE I HAVE
> GAMES TO PLAY ON MODEM GAME.  I CAN'T BECAUSE MY MODEM DOESN'T WORK IN DOS.

Simon Karpen		slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                -- Charles Babbage