Re: interrupt 13

Paul Miller wrote:
:here is my /proc/interrupts:
[...]
:13:          1   math error
[...]
:Why does IRQ 13 say 'math error' and how can I fix it (if nessacary)?  I'm
:using a Cyrix 166+ if that makes a difference.

Good question. Like,

> "General Failure reading disk"
> Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my disks?

IRQ 13 is reserved for the math coprocessor or FPU part of your CPU.
The label "math error" does not indicate that your system is defective,
it's just indicating the general use of the IRQ - it is used to report
"math errors".

HTH,
--
Thomas Baetzler, thb@regioservice.de, bath0011@fh-karlsruhe.de