Re: diald / ppp routing problems

I have a similar? problem.  After a system crash from disk errors, a
working diald/ppp setup will not connect correctly.  The error message
received is "serial line looped back".  I could not find a description of
this message anywhere.  After uninstalling diald and using "pon", I am
connected now.  If I execute "poff" it returns that there is more than one
pppd running, but "ps -ax" reports only one.

Regarding the "files dns" line in nsswitch.conf, it worked fine with this
line in the file previously, but I removed the dns entry with no help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Stewart