Re: Debian installation on a laptop

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Chris Presley wrote:

> Hi.
> I new to Linux and I want to install Debian on my laptop and do a "dual boot" between debian and Win 95.
> I am hoping that someone can answer a few questions for me.....
> 1) Is debian compatible with a Toshiba 430CDS laptop (its a P120, with CD ROM, 1.3 gig hard drive, and 16 megs of ram)
> 2)How much space should I partition for debian?
> 3)Can anyone suggest some good reading so that I can quickly learn debian?

1.  Yes.
2.  Depends on what you want to do with linux - read
    http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/debian-faq-3.html#ss3.4
3.  ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/stable/disks-i386/current/install.html
    http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/

That should get you started.

Thanks,
  Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875