1.2 to 1.3.1 kernel

I've recently upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3.1 and I'd like to congratulate the
development team. The upgrade went much smoother than the upgrade of 0.93 to
Some observations:
  1 ) had to manually upgrade dpkg before the rest of the upgrade would fly
without errors. As a side note, Bash 2.0.3 came on the CD. I vaguely remember
that there was a major problem with that particular version of Bash, so I
downgraded to the Bash from 1.2.
  2 ) the default kernel hangs on the point of detecting "jukebox" type SCSI
devices. Fortunely, I had an older kernel on floppy and was able to get the
new kernel re-compiled without "multiple LUN detection".
  3 ) After fixing the kernel situation and re-booting into the new 2.0.30
kernel, I decided to really customize the kernel and used the make-kpkg to
wrap up my new kernel. Problem is that the new kernel*.deb package _will not_
install! I looked at the /var/lib/dpkg/info/kernel-image-2.0.30.postinst
script and did each step by hand. All went smoothly. Any suggestions on how to
fix this so dpkg can install the custom kernel package and update the dpkg

-= Sent by Debian 1.3.1 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK - member of ARRL
@_@tko@westgac3.dragon.com Remove @_@ for correct Email address

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .