S3 versus S3V

Hello,

	This is my problem:

When I try to start xwindows( for the very first time) I get

exec of /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3V failed

OK, not a problem. My server is XF86_S3.

Now, I read this in a help section

 " Setting up the correct default server"

	"The default server name is usr/X11R6/bin/X. This is a link to a
specific server binary XF86_xxx, located in /usr/X11R6/bin. You should
check which server the X link is connected to. If it is not correct,
remove it and make a new link to use the correct binary"

Well that sounds good to me....How do I do that?

Also I read about linking the file /usr/X11R6/bin/X to the server I am
using but that doesn't seem to work. I type ln --sf
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xf86_S3 /usr/X11R6/bin/X

But Nothing works....

What to Do?