dpkg won't remove nfsroot

     I have a misconfigured or partially configured nfsroot on my disk
that is marked 'purge' in dselect.  Both dselect and 'dpkg
--force-remove-reinstreq -r nfsroot' give the following response:

Removing nfsroot ...
I will not do so, (as you may have some config stuff in there left),
but you probably want to do:

  rm -rf /tftpboot
/var/lib/dpkg/info/nfsroot.prerm: /etc/init.d/bind: No such file or
directory
dpkg: error processing nfsroot (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
/var/lib/dpkg/info/nfsroot.postinst: /etc/nfsroot/def: No such file or
directorydpkg: error while cleaning up:

     I have issued the 'rm -rf /tftpboot' command (I don't think I had
/tftpboot before doing so), and repeated the attempted removal, with
the same message.  I found the dpkg --force-help messages confusing,
and may have misinterpreted when constructing the dpkg command.

     I would appreciate instruction in the dpkg force remove command
necessary to remove this misconfigured file.
Bob