Re: Unidentified subject!

"Ron Asimi" <madscience@geocities.com> writes:
> I am running a Pentium system with a PS/2 Mouse port.  I am unfamiliar with
> Linux and cannot get my mouse to respond.  I am just a newbie... Could
> someone please tell me a little about how linux locates and assigns
> resources for a mouse?

You need to have the kernel load the `psaux' module.  Add a line with
just `psaux' on it somewhere in /etc/modules.  Then you need to run
some program that actually uses a mouse; i.e., gpm or X Windows.
These will need to be told to use a PS/2 mouse; run XF86Setup or
gpmconfig if you've already installed them.  All of this will need to
be done as root.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>
Senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail will receive free 32MB core files!