Re: PS/2 mouse question on Debian-i386

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, James D. Freels wrote:

> I have a new Logitech marble trackball with PS/2 connector.  I would
> like to replace my serial port mouse on my Debian Linux machine.  I
> have a PS/2-6 pin - 2 - serial-9 pin mouse adapter from a local
> computer store.  However, simply plugging that in with the PS/2 mouse
> did not work.

It may be as simple as adding the mouse to your system but on my laptop
computer I needed to have a module psaux.o for my PS/2 mouse to work. If I
remeber correctly the config phase of the kernel asked if I have a ps/2
mouse. But yesterday when I compiled a new kernel it did not ask about a
PS/2 mouse. It may be that it is now added in the kernel.

Anyone with precise info?
Daniel J. Mashao --
   daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za             http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel