RE: 3C509 acting strangely on Win95/Debian dual boot system

I have the same problem with my 3c509b.  I dual-boot W95 and Debian
(stable).  Initially, when I was using loadlin, I used the 3COM DOS
setup utility when I switched between the OS's to toggle the card into
and out of PnP mode (PnP for W95 and nonPnP for Debian).  When I decided
to go with lilo, this became impractical and I decided to try to get
W95 to talk to the card when it was not PnP (not an easy task for me).
Now, I need to press 'reset' when going from Debian to W95 for W95 to
recognize the card.  I suppose I could have tried to keep it in PnP
mode and get Debian to deal with that (except that I have never
played around with isapnp before).  I do not know if this would influence
the situation.

Does anyone alse have any helpful ideas?

Paul Rightley