Re: Anything against unstable debian distributions?

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Ranty wrote:

> 	I want to install tkstep but for that I need libc6 which conflicts with
> libc5 and when I try to uninstall switch libc5 with libc6 were is a lot of
> aplications which want to go away.
>
> 	I thought of using a newer unstable distribution with all those
> aplications copiled for libc6 but then... How unstable are those distributions?
> Why are they called unstable?...

"unstable" isn't necessarily as unstable as the name implys.  I run all my
personal machines syncronized with the unstable tree most of the time and
encounter very few problems.  Things break occasionally, but downgrading
packages generally fixes it.  For a primer on converting, check out my
Mini-HOWTO at http://www.gate.net/~storm/FAQ/

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/