Re: `dump' command

[sent only to debian-user, no cross-posted to debian-devel]

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:45:23 GMT "Oliver Elphick" (olly@lfix.co.uk)
wrote:

> The man page for dump says that Linux dump is not yet able to produce correct
> multi-volume backups.
>
> However, the man page is dated 1993.
>
> Is this statement still true?  If so, what goes wrong?

I've tested this with DAT and DDS-2 tapes and drives (Seagate), and the dump/restore is ok. Restore -C (comparison) complains about missing files but they're ok from by testings...
You'd better experiment by yourself. I had no problem with my setup.

Phil.