mgetty login prompt lossage

I'm using mgetty to provide dialup access to a 486, both starting PPP
and providing shell access.  There's no real problems with PPP, but
when I use minicom to connect to it, parts of the login prompt get
lost.  My /etc/issue.tty looks like:

----
Unauthorised access prohibited.

Connected to port \P at \C.
----

But when I connect I get:

----
Unauthorisedess prohibited.

Connected to port ttyS0 at Wed Oct 29 21:44:53 1997.

foo!login:
----

I lose different characters each time I press Enter and it prints the
message again.  I suspect mgetty isn't setting up the port for
CRTSCTS.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Also, how can I change it to "foo login:"?

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

	       Neniu anticipas la hispanan Inkvizicion.