adding users after installing NIS

	I have just set up NIS on several of my machines and I am having a
little trouble adding a user.  If I use adduser the group, shadow and
passwd files in /etc are all updated properly but adduser doesn't
complete properly properly.  It terminates before asking for any
information on the user with a message that says that the user
doesn't exist and NIS knows nothing about the user.  The user is
being added to the machine that is the master server.

	Is there a different way to add users after NIS is installed?