Re: kernel panic

I Brake for Moths <rikki@zool46.bio.utk.edu> writes:
> I am trying to install Debian on an EISA wide SCSI machine.  When the
> resc1440.bin kernel boots (no boot parameters), it gets to the aic7xxx
> section and properly detects the SCSI controller (Adaptec AHA 2740),
> resets the SCSI bus, then panics with this message:
>
> aic7xxx: (aicxxx_isr) Encountered spurious interrupt
> scsi0: BRKADRINT error (0x1):
>   Illegal Host Access
> Kernel panic: scsi0: BRKADRINT, error 0x1, seqaddr 0x0.

Have you tried recompiling the kernel with all the aic7xxx options
turned off?  I find that my 2940UW card doesn't work right if I turn
on some of the aic7xxx options, but it works fine with all of them
off.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>
Senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail will receive free 32MB core files!