Re: Enlightenment window manager

Hi Ana,
On 28-Oct-97 Ana Silva wrote:
      Gustaf Erikson wrote:

     > Move the configuration file (tarred) in the main E directory to
     > ~/.enlightenment. I had to untar the tarball to change line in the
     > main config file (?), because E complained it couldn't find a
     > "Debian-menu" item. Removing the line containing this solved the
     > problem.

            In this point  i can almost run the Enlightenment... When i run
      startx  it says it can't find the file startup/full-background.jpg    ! I
      have that file at  /etc/X11/enlightenment, so I just have to know where
      is E looking for that file!

Did you use the ./INSTALL to install enlightenment? If you did, it should have
dumped everything in /usr/local/enlightenment then all you have is to point X
to use enlightenment. I've been running enlightenment for a while(the latest),
and I don't have ~/.enlightenment. Enlightenment uses DEFAULT theme tarball in
/usr/local/enlightenment/themes, which containes all the configs, pics, and so
on.

        hth,
        David