Re: Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers

I've seen these a lot on busy networks.
I'm assuming you have a tulip card?

Basically, a collision produced a really large frame.
They can be ignored.

--Simon

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, G. Kapetanios wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question every so often I get messages of the following form
>
> Oct 27 20:58:27 garfield kernel: eth0: Ethernet frame spanned multiple
> buffers,s
> tatus 7fffceff!
> Oct 27 20:58:27 garfield kernel: eth0: Ethernet frame spanned multiple
> buffers,s
> tatus 073a858e!
> Oct 27 20:58:27 garfield kernel: eth0: Ethernet frame spanned multiple
> buffers,s
> tatus 7fffceff!
> Oct 27 20:58:27 garfield kernel: eth0: Ethernet frame spanned multiple
> buffers,s
> tatus 0618858a!
>
> Anybody knows what this is all about ??
>

>                               Thanks
>                               George

Simon Karpen		slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                -- Charles Babbage