RE: pppd and ISP dialup

> > user lucas   // I believe this is for pap authentication  <<-- yeah but you
> need stuff in pap-secrets might add +pap

I don't think +pap is right. As I understand it, it would demand the isp's
router to authentificate itself via pap.

If you want to, you could use x-isp, an X frontend to pppd. Mail me and I
make xisp-2.3-1.1.deb available for you. Don't use the one from stable, it
is antike. And also don't use version 2.1 from unstable, it has some
serious bugs.

If you want to connect from commandline, the relevant part from
ppp.log will be helpfull for solving your problem.

Ciao,
	Martin