[HELP] Netscape & RealAudio & plug-ins

This isn't particularly Debian-specific.  My apologies for being off
topic.

I finally broke down and installed Netscape (Communicator 4.03) on my
Debian system.  I also downloaded the RealAudio player (5.0 beta version).
The problem is getting Netscape to recognize the player or any other
plug-in for that manner.

Supposedly, in 4.0, you choose Prefences from the Edit menu.  In
Prefences, you then select Navigator -> Applications.  Well, there is no
'Applications' choice there or anywhere else that I can find.

Any clues where to edit?  I presume ~/.netscape/preferences is the correct
file.  However, I'm not familiar enough with Netscape to know what to add.
Any help would be welcome.  Thanks.

           bob
--
Bob Billson, KC2WZ                                email: bob-bee@pobox.com
first year beekeeper, 2 colonies                         kc2wz@webspan.net

  (\       MS-DOS, you can't live with it.  You can live without it.    /)
 {|||8-            Linux: the cure for the Windows 95 virus.         -8|||}