Sendmail question.

This isn't particularly Debian, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light
anyway.

It involves Sendmail, so if you don't care for it, you can ignore the rest
of this message :)

Heres the deal.

I have two hosts. hosta.foo.com and hostb.foo.com. hosta uses hostb as
its smtp gateway. [hosta is internal, hostb is accessible from the
outside world, not that it matters.. just thought I'd add that, incase
you were curious..]

Users send mail via hosta, which in turn forwards it to hostb to deliver
it to the outside world. All mail is stamped "user@hosta.foo.com".
hosta.foo.com obviously doesn't resolve, and any mail to it will bounce.
Thats my problem. I want sendmail to rewrite the From: field to
"user@foo.com". The software on hosta won't allow me to stamp the address
as user@foo.com. If it did, I'd be happy. It doesn't, hence I'm not.

Before you ask, yes I've consulted the Sendmail FAQ, and indeed it does
cover changing From: addresses, but I can't for the life of me get it to
work. It doesn't give any examples to follow, just the syntax.

If anyone can gimme help here, if anyone has done something like this, I'd
be eternally [well, at least for a while] greatful, or at least point me
in the right direction..

TIA,
D.