Re: win95 fat32

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, hmaddox wrote:

> Rather new to linux but a pretty through search found nothing on vfat32
> from win 95 osr2 and debian linux.  I get an invalid file system
> responce when i try to mount .  ???

This subject was discussed recently; look at the archive at
www.debian.org:
  Subject: fat32 in base-install: archive/latest/16474
  Subject: Re: Mouse driver as loadable module?: archive/latest/312
I don't know if it's still there, it should, it was this month.
Most informational was this:

> ... if that's the case, you can re-compile your kernel using the patch
> found at:

> http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html

> ...make sure to read and follow all the instructions on patching your
> kernel beforehand and which options to choose during config (RTFM! :) ).

Seems that the kernels available in stable haven't applied the patch.
Probably some people running unstable know more...?

Gruss
--
Lukas Eppler (godot)
                                                  http://www.fear.ch