I'm staying with the project, don't worry!

I would like to thank all of the people who have been mailing me
unsolicited messages of support. Unfortunately, because of the demands
of project leadership, I don't have time to answer them. I do read
every one.

I am not upset by critical postings, especially when they are obviously
not the voice of the majority. Sometimes I learn something from them,
other times they contain little sense.

I want to assure everyone who might be concerned that I am not thinking
about leaving the Debian project, and I am comfortable in my role as
project leader. In December the developers will hold a project leader
election. I am running against Ian Jackson, another long-time Debian
developer and someone worthy of your respect. Ian might make an
excellent project leader at some future date. This will not deter me
from kicking his butt in this election and continuing as project leader
in 1998 :-)

I won't make promises for 1999, as by that time I could be well on my
way to becoming a father.

	Many Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html