loadlin -- A20 gating failed (tecra/bo)

Hi!

I just installed Debian 1.3 on my Toshiba Tecra 730CDT (this is a
"fresh" installation, separate from my 1.2 installation) and I can't
seem to get it to boot using loadlin.  I used the 1997-06-20/tecra
rescue and modules disks, and both the rescue disk and the resulting
boot disk work fine, but when I try to boot from loadlin I get an "A20
gating failed" message and the computer locks up.  The vmlinuz that
loadlin is using is the same as both /boot/vmlinuz-2.0.29 and the boot
floppy's linux.  I know that there is a problem with Tecras and
bzimges, but that's what the "tecra" disks are for.  What is going on
here?  Loadlin works fine with rex's vmlinuz-2.0.27 tecra kernel.  (I
am using loadlin-1.6.)

Kirk Hilliard