Re: Applixware

> Has anybody experience with Applixware Office suit (sold by redhat) on a
> Debian system? Is the installation procedure straight forward? Can you give
> comments on the compatibility of the file formats of Applixware, MS Word and
> Ms Powerpoint?

I have used Applixware but not a lot.  The installation isn't hard but the
easiest way to do it (that I have found anyway) is to convert the .rpm
fils that it comes with to .deb packages using alien.  I would make sure
you have a recent version of dpkg-dev for alien to work properly.

It does load word files from what little testing I've done, but it doesn't
always do it perfectly.

Adam.