Re: Linux

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Dirk Kievith wrote:

> >> Did I read the webpage correctly, it stated
> >> something to the effect of ...'you may load and run Debian on the same hard
> >> drive that you have WIN95 on' ?
>
> >Sure.  I do it.  There's a program that will let you choose between them
> >at boot time.
>
> As I am about to start installing Linux 1.3.1 on my pre-partitioned HD,
> I would like to know which is this program and what to take care of so
> that the W95 partition remains bootable and usable, while fine-tweaking
> Linux.

Assuming you've set up your partitions correctly (someone already mailed
you about using fips,  I think),  you want to install LILO,  the LInux
LOader.  The install scripts should ask you if you want to do this -- it's
very simple,  and the configuration is quite easy.  Let me know if you
have configuration problems with lilo and I'll try to help.

                     					Will