Re: new debian user questions

Jason Costomiris writes:
> I've got this great one.  It's flexible in its operation, and very
> extensible.

> vi.

Yes, I'm fairly familiar with it, having used it to (among other things)
configure cnews since the early 1980's.  However, I was responding to
someone who claimed that every Debian package includes a config tool.

After a decade or so of editing config files and scripts by hand the
process becomes routine, but tedious.  Why not let the computer do this
stuff?  Especially for those new to Unix, for whom the process is anything
but routine?