Sendmail with Linux

Hi!

   I was reading the sendmail documentation, and found a note saying that
linux has got a undocumented feature (bug?) which lets the system without
answering accept() calls from the remote side. It's true, since i saw some
machines crying out that the remote system is down.

   As of 2.0.30/8.8.7, this behaviour hasn't been fixed.

   Any ideas of how to fix this? I thought about starting the SMTP part of
sendmail from within inetd, by binding inetd to the smtp port.

   thanks in advance, Aldrin Leal <aldrin@amazonline.com.br>